5 TIPS FOR THE BUDDING WEDDING PLANNER: WHAT YOU CAN BE WORKING ON NOW TO BUILD YOUR BUSINESS DURING COVID-19
Many of my students started their Wedding Planning career by getting their certification right before Covid-19 wreaked havoc on our industry. I’ve been asked a few times what they can be doing now to build their business until the pandemic is over.
Here are 6 things I want you to be working on now!
- Grow your vendor network. Reach out to those vendors that you’ve been wanting to connect with. Have virtual cup of coffee to get to know them and a little about their business. We are all in the same boat here and any bit of connection and referrals is going to truly keep our business going.
- Start your Website. If you don’t have your website started yet, now is the time to get it going! I often think ‘oh, I’ll just do that myself’ but as someone who has both created a website with a template AND hired someone to redo it , I would suggest hiring someone from the start that is knowledgeable! Email me for a recommendation!
- Clearly define your business practices. Make sure you have your business practices clearly defined. Remember those handouts I gave you? Put them to use and create all your own documents to have ready to go. Now is the time to make sure you have your protocol and documentation in order. Don’t forget that Force Majure clause to protect your company.
- Start a blog! Blog about your new business, past events, vendors you love, venues you love and so on. This will help potential clients find you when they are searching.
- Get your business listed online. Research and find all the sites that you can list your business for FREE. There are a ton of them out there that allow you to have a free listing – The Knot and Wedding Wire are two of them.
As always, focus on your mental health during this time! Inhale that confidence and exhale your doubt. YOU GOT THIS! Good luck and if you need anything from us, we are always here to chat!